Thursday, November 5, 2009

Interior Design (1988)

Aaand…we're back to badness. I don't want to waste too much time on this. I'll just note that it DOES show signs of life at the end; "A Walk Down Memory Lane" is not half bad, the instrumental "Big Brass Ring" is decent as far as these things go, and "Madonna" must, by default, qualify as the album's high point--a shaggy dog story about a one-night stand with the title person. Assuming she's heard it, I wonder what she thought of it. It's a nice tune, and It has an amusingly non-climactic ending: "In the morning she fixed me a continental breakfast, and then she said, 'well, goodbye.' And I said, 'can I see you again?' and she said 'no,' and I said, 'well, goodbye.'" STILL, I wouldn't call it an all-time classic. Good in the context of this album, which is damning with practically-inaudible praise, and that's about as far as it goes. And now, I am finished talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment